Managing app passwords
After you set up Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), you can use app passwords to sign into Outlook, Microsoft Teams, or other apps on your tablet or phone so you don't have to constantly use MFA to authenticate. You can use the same app password with multiple devices or create a new app password for each device.
- Sign in to Outlook on the web. Use your Office 365 email address and password (your GoDaddy username and password won't work here).
- Enter the verification code that has been sent to your phone or use the Microsoft Authenticator app to prove you're authorized to use your email account.
- After you're signed in, go to the app passwords page.
- Select the create button.
- Enter the Name of the device that will be using this app password, and select next.
- Your app password will be displayed. Select copy password to clipboard and click close to display the new list of App Passwords.
- Enter the copied app password into the password prompt of the application you're authenticating.
- You can delete app passwords from the same dashboard. Just click Delete to the right of the app password name and confirm that you want to delete it.
- Enable Multi-Factor Authentication
- Managing Multi-Factor Authentication
Note: While we link to Azure for this process, our scope of support for Azure ActiveDirectory is limited. We provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products.