Edit a DS record
Edit your DS records, if you need to make changes to the current settings. The only time you can manually edit DS records for your domains registered with GoDaddy is when the domains are using third-party (not GoDaddy) nameservers that have DNSSEC enabled.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Portfolio. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select Domain Edit Options next to your domain and then select Edit DNS. You may need to scroll down to see the Edit DNS option.
- Select DNSSEC from the More menu.
- On the DS Records page, select the pencil icon next to the record you need to update.
- Make changes to any of the settings:
- Key Tag: A string of numbers less than 65536 that identifies the DNSSEC record for this domain name. Enter the numerical string in the provided field.
- Algorithm: The cryptographic algorithm that generates the signature. Choose an option from the drop-down menu.
- Digest Type: The algorithm type that constructs the digest. Choose an option from the drop-down menu.
- Digest: The digest is a string of numbers and letters. Enter the number and letter string in the provided field.
- Select Save to save your changes.
Most DNS updates take effect within an hour, but could take up to 48 hours to update globally.