.cn domain names have many advantages over other domain names. Registering a .cn domain:
- Supports China’s national Internet security
- Protects your business interests under Chinese law
- Protects your right to be informed
- Gives you a wide variety of names to choose from
- Infuses your website with Chinese values
How to register and use a .cn domain. Anyone can register a .cn domain name by adding your domain to your cart and checking out. However, activating your domain name via the real name validation process will be necessary if you plan on hosting a website or associating an email with your .cn domain.
You'll need to upload a copy of valid documentation in order to begin the real name validation process. To use your domain name, you must provide one of the following:
- A valid resident ID, temporary resident ID, business license or organization code certificate from China.
- A valid resident ID, driver’s license, passport or business license from Hong Kong or Macau.
- A valid driver’s license, passport or business license from Singapore.
- A valid resident ID, driver’s license or business license from Taiwan.
- A valid driver’s license or passport from all other countries and regions.
Once your documentation has been received, you’ll be notified within a few business days whether it has passed real name validation.