Sending text messages
You can compose and send text messages to recipients in your Workspace Webmail address book, provided you add their cellular phone number and carrier in the address book entry.
You can only compose text messages in plain text format and messages are limited to 160 characters, including the subject line.
You do not have to enter content in the subject line. You also have the option of sending the message as both a text and email. This sends a copy of the text message to the recipient's email account.
To Compose a Text Message
- Log in to your Workspace Email account and open your product. (Need help logging in?)
- Click Compose.
- From the Send as list, select Email and Text Message or Text Message.
- In the To field, type the email address of the person you want to send the email message to. If you enter multiple email addresses, separate the email addresses with a comma.
TIP: You can click To, CC, or BCC to select a contact from your Address Book.
- To send a copy of the text message to another user, in the CC field, type the user's email address.
- To send a blind copy of the text message to another user, in the BCC field, type the user's email address. Email addresses in the BCC field do not display to other users who receive the message.
- In the Subject field, type the subject of the text message.
- In the text box, type your message.
- When you are finished, click Send.