Reset your FTP password
If you forgot your FTP/cPanel password, you can reset it. This password lets you upload files to your hosting account through an FTP client as well as directly log in to cPanel.
- Log in to Gateway using your GoDaddy login.
- Under the cPanel hosting account you want to change, click Settings.
- Click the Password tab.
- Enter a New cPanel Password, and then click Change Password.
If you want to change the password for your non-primary FTP users, see Edit FTP users.
- You can now log in to cPanel by navigating to http://coolexample.com/cpanel - where coolexample.com is your primary domain.
- You can use an FTP client - such as FileZilla - to connect to your hosting account with this username and password.