Forward a domain
Domain name forwarding lets you automatically direct your domain name's visitors to a different location on the web. You can choose to forward your inactive domain to a variety of places.
If you own several domains, you will see the List View of your account:
Follow instructions for Manually forward or mask your domain if you see the List View.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Next to Domains, click Manage.
- On the domain you want to set up, click either Use My Domain (if domain is newly registered) or Add Website.
- Click Connect to an Existing Site.
- Choose from one of the following options to point your domain name to:
- A Domain You Own (other domains in your account)
- Websites (Tumblr, Squarespace, Weebly, etc.),
- Social Sites (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Online Stores (Shopify, Etsy, etc.)
- Media Sites (Flickr, YouTube, etc.)
- Forward To Any Site (enter the URL of your choosing)
- Once you choose a forwarding destination, simply follow the instructions, either by clicking on the Connect Domain button or entering the correct website URL.
It may take 24-48 hours for your domain to connect to an existing site.
- To manage your forwarded domain, see Manage a forwarded domain.
- To set up your domain name with a website at GoDaddy rather than forwarding it, see Setting Up Your Domain Name.