Change my theme
As your business grows and changes, so does your website. It may be time for a new theme to change your navigation and logo placement, to highlight your address and phone or switch to a theme that offers a video header (although you don’t want to change too often.)
This video is part of the How-To series for Build Your Own Website.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll to Websites + Marketing and select Manage next to your website.
- Open your Website Editor.
- In the Dashboard, select Website. Then select Edit Site.
- Select Edit Website next to your cover photo.
- Select Theme
- Take note of your current theme name in case you want to change back, or are considering a few different options.
- Select Try a new look.
- The gallery previews how your site home page looks in every theme option. As soon as you select a theme, that theme is applied.
- Make any other edits you’d like to your site such as choosing site colors, changing site fonts or adding sections.
- Publish your site to make the changes live to everyone else.
- Selecting a new theme automatically creates a save point if you want to restore your website. At any time, you can also manually back up your website.
- Move a section to another page or change your section’s layout.
- Use the Paint your site slider to adjust how light, colorful, or dark your site is as a whole. Don't worry, you can still change each section's color individually.
- Choose your primary and secondary fonts here in the Theme tab. Highlighting text in your website gives you options to change size, format (for headers), and other options (body text).
- Changing the fonts on your site is separate from choosing the fonts for your logo.