Add a cookie and tracking alert to my website
We aggregate your website visitor data to help you understand how your website is helping you grow your business. For example, we provide data in your Dashboard about how many people come to your website, which helps us optimize how fast your site loads, among other things.
Cookies, or small data files, are just one way to track visitors' movements across a site. Tracking may also be used to follow your visitors on your site if you use the Facebook Pixel or a Google Analytics tracking ID.
In California, the European Union and other jurisdictions (depending on applicable law), websites are required to provide its visitors the option of having their data tracked or not. Adding a Cookie Banner gives your visitors choice about their own privacy and protects you from possibly being fined if you aren’t following the law.
Consult your own legal counsel to determine if a tracking and alert section is necessary for your business or website, and what it should say.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll to Website Builder and select Manage next to the website you want to change.
- Select Edit Website to open your website editor.
- Select Settings then Cookie Banner.
Note: The cookie banner is turned on by default for new websites. If your cookie banner is off, you must turn it on when adding any third-party tracking integrations such as Google Analytics, Facebook pixel, etc.
- When you're ready, select Publish.
- Data will only be tracked if visitors select Accept.
- Data will not be tracked if visitors select Decline or otherwise close the notification without selecting Accept.